Friday 5 June 2009

Time goes by - so slowly

But on the other hand you can't just wish your life away.. This week I am really on the taper. 2 runs - about 9 miles total.. Date muscle still giving me gyp but am doing the stretches. Now there is too much time to think, think and ponder. You know when you are in a meeting at work and you drift off in the middle of somebody waffling and are thinking of the muddy bit after the crossing of the A82 before the hill behind Crianlarich.. Or you remember the joy of hitting that bit of concrete that is about 500m before Inversnaid Hotel.. (I want a shrine built there - just something exceedingly ostentatious like big a F.O Gold Buddha or a mini Angel of the North or maybe even a giant garden gnome bedecked in a Liberace Crush Velour Pant Suit - you wouldn't be expecting that would you !). Anyway I digress, but I am constantly running the route, remembering little bits.. How do you become so obsessed ? Only 14 days 2 hrs and 3 mins , tick tock..


Sad day today - I sold my Neil Young tickets - concert is in Aberdeen on 24-June - only 3 days after the race ... I am gutted as the man is a &*(()ing LEGEND - saw him last year and f. me if he did not make some EFFING noise.. But 3 days after the race I don't reckon I will be up to standing up for 2 hrs in a concert... or travelling to Aberdeen... So here is one for the Vampire Slayer in Romania - crank it up Mike !! Rock on Neil !

4 comments:

  1. Three posts and a hit counter. CB you're hardcore.
    Gorgeous piccy mate.

    Mrs Mac x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi keith

    Good to see you have joined the whw blogs! I look forward to reading it. I have added it to our whw blog roll so hopefully the 'family' will come and visit.

    JK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogland!

    We're going to Rome on the 6am flight on the Tuesday after the race!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, WTF is going on?! Now you're doing one as well! Good God, everyone's at it. God choice of track Dude.

    DQ

    ReplyDelete