Tuesday 16 June 2009

Here I come ready or not

So I reckon I am just about done.. Last trot with my mate Norman last night, 1k and a bit in the pool this eve, massage booked for tomorrow night, food nearly together, transport (a great VW Combi !) sorted, support crew all in place and ready to kick my ar5e if required, charity organised (nearly !), Pirate Buff looked out, new shoes, blah blah blah - bloody lot of effort just to get to the start line ! Still got a little bit of a niggle on my left date cheek, but that's something that has been with me for a while now so I am not worried about it ..
So following on from what John Kynaston raised - how do I feel, what are my goals and aspirations. I have definitely run more than ever before and the combined running over the last 3 years has definitely put me in pretty good shape.. I am a lot stronger than in 2007, but I am also 7 kg heavier.. (Am convinced that it is all muscle !)
So I reckon all things being equal I should be ok.. Was thinking the other day about the distance again, even after 4 times it is still a bit of a hoot to be running this far.. I was thinking about a few comments on the Forum about how the race being 95 miles. I joked that we should run to Corpach to make it a round 100 miles .. But then I was thinking about something my good mate Tom Collins (WHW 2005) said about there being a X distance in running, whatever the distance you run - it is always the last X k that hurts the most.. Go out for a 10 miler and you are busted at 9.5 miles, go for 40 and it is the last 1 .. So the distance is just a number that separates you from the finish.. It is a big or small number, but just a number .. If it was 98 miles would the race be any harder, if it was 89 would it be less of a challenge ? So I am not thinking about the number, just abouut the finish and the cold beer and Crystal Goblet that awaits me there.. Bit of a ramble - sorry..

So how do I feel ..BRING IT ON !

Ohh - the other good thing is that the fabulous Dario has sorted me out one of these tracking doofa's.. Should be a hoot for my Mum and Dad and friends to check out and see where I am and see when I am slacking off.. Link on the page above.

Now some music. The Mighty Mighty Datsuns - if you aren't moving after cranking this up to 11 you are officially dead !


2 comments:

  1. Well done mate, you're becoming a blogger extraordinaire. It took me ages to work out how to add music.Crackin' tune.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic!! good luck in the run amazing effort will be keeping an eye on how you go

    lun the Fiona and Dunny, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete