Monday 22 June 2009

Over the Top (Preface)

Just a short note to say thankyou ..

This morning at 02:02 AM I reached the Castle at Inverness, having started out 49 hrs earlier at the start of the West Highland Way.. After completing the WHW in 23:36, I followed the Great Glen to Inverness. A total distance of approx 168 miles.

This was a great team effort. I have been supported in this madness by Shirley and my girls Kirsty and Caroline. On the day I had the most incredible support team of Mike Johnson, John Kennedy, Merv Jones,Gary Haywood,Kristin Mitchell, Stuart McCormack (also guest blog editor!),Matt Stoner,Mike Smith and Norman Duncan.

I am struggling to put into words at this moment my feelings towards all these grear people. It truly was a team effort, they gave up all of their time and together we did it.. I will always have the utmost love, admiration and respect for all that they have done for me and how this achievement was theirs as well..


Now I am off for a little kippo !

Cheers

KH

Finally I wish to thank all the people who gave up their hard earned cash to sponsor me for this challenge. With this support, real good can come from this and it will make a difference to many lives. Thankyou, and also for your good luck wishes and texts !!!

For the last 3 years I have been collecting money for a group of schools in Malawi. If you have a spare 5 or 10 quid, please consider your support. The charity is an Edinburgh based church, who ensure all the money gets to the kids who need it most.

www.justgiving.com/overthetop2009

5 comments:

  1. You're still mad! How you gonna top that?

    But well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing performance Keith.

    I didn't realise you were doing this until the prize giving when someone told me you were still going!

    See you Saturday?

    JK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely bonkers! I love it.;-)

    Bl**dy well done you crazy man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keith.
    Not only am i hugely impressed by your endeavour but moreso by the lack of pomp and ceremony in just cracking straight on after the WHW. Hence the option in future years of the WHW of "doing a Keith". Outstanding effort. Best wishes. Tomo

    ReplyDelete