Tuesday 30 June 2009

Get amongst it !

Got out at last... Feet started feeling a bit better on Friday, following dress down day at work when I could wear my trainers.. Then after the top Post Race Barby at Ian and Allybeas house where I got to chat to a few folk and picked up my Big Daddy goblet and got ANOTHER cuddle from the Race Goddesses (Lee and Dino) and a snog with DQ, I got home and my big girl told me we needed to take the neighbours 2 greyhonds out for a walk.... Can't really refuse can I, so me and my Pop take the 2 4 legged grogan machines out for an hour or so through the park... And a nice chat is was too..

So onto this week - work shoes are gining ne grief, but my workmates are not now being treated to my feet up on the desk and gunk ooozing through my socks.. No sympathy left, just a boredom so time to get back to normal.. Walked back from work and yesterday Norman and I exchange emails .. He is doing Corryarrack this weekend - time for a little 3 miler ???

And so tonight that is what we do... A slow pace, but good chat and we got through it.. Feet ok, but legs a bit wonky from having to cope with blisters.. Ended up probably closer to 4.5 miles, but it was a top run.. He then announces he is putting an entry in for next year... Sensational - gives me a reason to keep training and getting some runs in next year, but alos one not to do the big race if I chose not to... I mean the fella is going to need support isn't he !

6 days before my holidays.. Mum and Dad arrive in 4 ... Girls on hols from school in 3.. End of project phase 1 party on Thursday night - reckon that I might be saying cheerio to Mr Zen for a little while !


Cheers

Keith

PS - Thanks so much to everyone who has donated to the Malawi School fund.. Your generosity is really appreciated.. Justgiving has now assured everyone the link is now all fixed, so if you tried and got bombed out give it another crack if you wish..

No comments:

Post a Comment