Tuesday 20 October 2009

Beach Run

The sand hard and white
no breeze,
friend and dog
off we go

I am on the beach
like so many times before
but not before so much time
has elapsed
and so many things have changed

I am thinking of my mate
wondering if he is running tonight
and with each step
with nothing but good company
and the wind and sea
to remind me
as the sun sets
my spirits rise
and run free

The distance I don't know
the time neither fast or slow
The pace, it was no race
but he would have been happy
to go around again
and to have a swim at the end.

The darkness draws in
as it does at this time of year
and the nip in the air is there
but I am on the beach
and the memory of the june sun
and the warmth of this run
pushes the season aside
and leaves only
Summer

1 comment:

  1. Nice poem.It is very good description of beach environment.

    dvd

    ReplyDelete