Tuesday 22 September 2009

If it sounds bad - it probably is

Been doing a little bit of running, but not much .. Was having a good week last week, Sunday, Monday and lunchtime Thursday... Went to the Adventure Show preview night - was great to see everyone and I thought the race report was tops...

It is a sign of my off season that I am back on the turps and so was also out on Thursday night. This time it was for dinner with my good friend Kristin - the lovely Kiwi girl who ran with my for the first and last bits of Fort William to Inverness and provided the wonder hands to massage my battered body and keep me going to the end. Her Mum and Dad were over from Kiwi land, and so me and a few work colleagues went out .. So we all went to a newish French Restaurant here in Edinburgh. And what a top night it was... Beers, a few wines, some cliche'd French food, a steak, and some more wine...

Next day - was feeling a little rough, but put it down to the wine.. Now 1:30AM Saturday morning was a different matter.. Oh dear.. Without going into the details, my guts were in a terrible state.. We've all been there.. Slept intermitently between trips to the loo..

On Saturday I had arranged to help my mate Mike (my best mate and the guy who followed me from Milngavie to Inverness in Lucy the Combi) to demolish his shed.. So it was not something that I wanted to miss out on .. Climbing up ladders, hitting things with big hammers, smashing bricks, loading the pickup, lifting bit of wood, shovelling rubble all with clenched butt cheeks and between running to the dunny made for an interesting day.. But at the end of day, there was a bare concrete pad where a shed used to stand..

So lesson learnt - if there is something on a menu that says Snails and Pigs Ear, even if you think it might be interesting and it ticks a box - read the words..

Snails (yes - you find them in the garden) and Pigs Ear (it is fatty crappy stuff that your dog might chew on...) - FUCK ME - that is NOT FOOD !!!!

A few days on, and am nearly back in one piece.. Happiness is a dry fart !!!

2 comments:

  1. Another non-running blogpost.

    Well, non-running in one sense......

    Must've been seriously dodgy snails 'n pigs ears to have knocked the stuffing out of a top-notch hard man like you, Keith....

    Glad you are now a bit more chipper.

    Murdo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! Seriously dodgy food to knock an Aussie of his feet. Either that or there's a bit of GT action going on here.

    N.B. GT= Gay Tummy

    ReplyDelete