Tuesday 28 July 2009

A new home for an old blouse

So as regular readers of my Subversive Pirate mates blog might know, I am not averse to providing a bit of constructive advise that sometimes careers into the vernacular.. I make no apologies, I do try to moderate my language for the many hundreds of faint hearted and sensitive types that his cracking blog attracts, but sometimes something irks me that I cannot confine to the norms of polite conversation. On more than one occasion I have had to refocus the bloke when he forgets for a moment who he is and starts behaving and writing like some wittering nappy wearing show boat who would be better placed as an agony Aunt for incontinent day time television viewers than in his privileged position as spokesman for the running,drinking and boxing fraternity. On at least 1 occasion I have had to call him a Soft Cock Pommy Blouse.. Now since his efforts in this years 2009 race where he not only removed a dreaded three letter acronym from the lexicon of his life but also badgered the earth moving behemoth that is Martin Hooper the Paratrooper to within 5 miles of the finish the Blouse needs a new home, because on the back of my leaned friend it has no place !

And unfortunately dear reader I think I have found it.. Now I will not name names, but I will recount the story of my weekend, where I was trying to get back out on the track after a few weeks of fighting a bit of a cracking cough (not piggy related !!) So the run was teed up, timings and route confirmed and despite the fact that I was coughing up buckets of gunk it was all systems go.. Now my friend (or lets just call him the Blouse Wearer or BW from now on) is no stranger to a bit of running so I went to bed safe in the knowledge that no matter what happened overnight we would be out at 8:45 for a little lazy 5 miler up Costorphine Hill

I woke the next morning to the sound of rain on the window, and must admit I had to convince myself that it was a good idea... Always easier when you know you have someone to meet.. Turn on my phone to send the "Just leaving house" text as agreed to find a message from BW "Too wet, going back to bed " WTF ?? I texted back with the best wishes on his sleep in and hope that his knitting went well..

I did my run, coughing up more gunk every 400m or so, but up the Hill - surprisingly dry and a balmy 14C - I went and rhen back home.. I too went back to bed, for coffee and papers and not a knitting needle in sight ! It was great to get back on the track, running is good !!

So the Blouse has definitely come north...

Am off to Birmingham tomorrow eve, where if the rain clears I will hopefully be watching the Aussies level the Ashes series ... 5 days (or maybe 4 ??), a few mates, cricket and beer... Sensational !!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a worthy recipient of the blouse. Enjoy the beer - I don't see England losing this one...

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn...gonna have to try to win that blouse back.

    ReplyDelete