Friday 4 June 2010

2 weeks and counting !

A niggle in my left ankle since the fling and a hammy strain that won't go away.. Not running much, just saving myself but at the same time feeling guilty for not running.. Still mad at work which is a real distraction.. and feel really nervous.. thinking ALL the time !

Just the usual run down in the final 2 weeks.. I should be used to it by now.. Have done more training this year and am probably in the best shape I have ever been, so why do I feel like I do ... I reckon the mind tells the body that it is stupid to be trying this sort of stuff again and sends little signals to convince it that it should not .... Just as well I am bi-polar or schizo or something coz the other bit of my mind is lifted up whenever I think about getting up to Derrydarroch, or passing Brodies store or coming down into Kingshouse or that long awaited beer in Fort William..

So roll on 18th June .. Let me have that arvo nervous nap to get some last sleep.. Let me start the run and leave the work and the niggles and the dodgy hammy behind me.. Let me enjoy the company of some old friends and make some new ones.. Help me keep it together as I come into Rowardennan where I will have my porridge but will be missing that bloke in the midgie net and the garish fluro jacket ..

Bring it on !!

1 comment:

  1. I reckon the bloke in the midge net will still be there mate. Not in person but most definitely in spirit. See you soon buddy.

    ReplyDelete