Thursday 31 December 2009

End of the Challenge, Start of New Days

So after little fall on Tuesday (in my work shoes !) and a little sniffle, with the TTFU cabinet empty I had my first DWB for the year... Gave up on the challenge after 22 runs, so great to see Fiona and Debs and my mate Norman still going.. The later left me in no uncertain terms of how he felt with a "Veinte y Tres" and a picture of him arms aloft.. Quite rightly so !! (Brrrrsssttttttrrrrrddddd !! )

So no running for a couple of days, but time around the house, building a snowman with my wee girl, cooking truffles with my big girl, and just trying to help out my good friend and just having a nice day or so.. Christmas was really nice, morning with the family and in a fhanged world it was really good and warm and girls running around mad and ... good really..

Bit of soup, and Doreen and Coralyn and then there were 4 mad girls (including 2 bigger girls who really should have known better from Strathaven and Austin TX) on the trampoline ... ) Then the girls went off to Grandma and Papas and I went down and spent the arvo and evening at my friend Krusty Mitchells house..
What a great arvo.. Great food, people, a few drinks, a couple of games and a very nice way to spend a few hours .. Then watched the first over or 2 of the cricket from the MCG

The rest of the year has been going well, went out for a Boxing day run with Doreen and Coralyn up Costorphine Hill which was cracking with the snow and the lovely white vista of the city opening up below us.. Then out with Ardrian for a belting 15 or 16 in the Pentlands in the snow on Sunday .. What a great run, sometimes knee deep, always with the snow on us, saw 3 other runners out.. Adrian lent me a pair of Yak Traks - what a great bit of kit and stopped me falling on me erse a few times.. Wish I had them later that night ! !!

Went to see Tom Staid at the Stand comedy club in Edi. Toms daughter is in the same class as my wee girl and so we got to go back stage to the Green room.. Ok so not quite as glamorous as the one one Mr Ross's show but it was still fun... Then to the Basement for a beer or 3 then a walk home.. And my 3rd fall in 2 weeks... This time a sore one right on my bum bone !!

So now just getting ready to head out for Hogmonay - was hoping to be out of town as it is quite a different place I am in at the moment (well different but somehow the same) but that did not work out so away we go..

Year review next week.. All the best to you and yours for 2010..

No comments:

Post a Comment